|Date of birth|
July 15, 1981
|Place of birth|
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA
Taylor Jacks Kinney (born July 15 1981) is an American actor and model. He is known for playing Mason Lockwood in The Vampire Diaries and Jared in Zero Dark Thirty. Since 2012, he has portrayed Lieutenant Kelly Severide in Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and Chicago Med.
Taylor Kinney was born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, to Pamela (Heisler), who worked as a dental hygienist, and Daniel Kinney, a banker. Kinney was raised in Neffsville, Pennsylvania, by his mother after his parents divorced. Kinney has three brothers: Adam, Ryan, and Trent.
In 2000, he graduated from Lancaster Mennonite School. Kinney studied Business Management at West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Kinney has a variety of television credits including a series regular role on "Trauma" and the recurring role of Mason Lockwood on "The Vampire Diaries". He starred in the Michael Patrick King pilot, "A Mann's World" opposite Don Johnson, and he has appeared on such shows as "Breakout Kings", "Castle", "Shameless", "Rizzoli & Isles", "Bones" and "CSI: NY". Kinney was featured in the telefilm "Five", produced by Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore and Alicia Keys and was seen in the web series "Dating Rules from My Future Self".
Big screen credits include Kathryn Bigelow's "Zero Dark Thirty", the Martin Papazian-directed independent feature "Least Among Saints", and the short film "Prodigal" with Kenneth Branagh. He has the Fox feature "The Other Woman" starring opposite Cameron Diaz and directed by Nick Cassavetes.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Kinney's height is 5' 11" (1.8 m).
- His trade mark is his chiseled good looks and his piercing blue eyes.
- Kinney was once engaged to Lady Gaga.
- He attended Lancaster Mennonite High School and West Virginia University.
- His father is of English and German ancestry, while his mother is of German and Swiss-German descent, with remote French roots. Taylor's patrilineal line can be traced back to Henry Kinney, who was born in King's Lynn, Norfolk, England, c. 1623.
- Kinney is an experienced surfer.